Early last month we put up a new website. Admittedly it wasn’t our best work. But we were anxious to get a mobile site together and test some theories. It was a sacrifice to use our site but we needed an established real time model.
Part of the experiment was to test Google. We were looking at what would happen to Google results with such a large change, and we did take a big hit. We needed to test and see how the bots crawled the new code, can we manipulate them like we used to. We needed to field test and actually see how many devices the site would work on. And finally we used tracking and behavioral software to see what and where people were reading and looking.
Apparently people don’t look that close, the site was loaded with errors like spelling, grammar, and broken links. At the time of this article we have had 87 thousand unique visitors and only six emails pointing out errors. We also discovered an interesting change in search patterns but that is another article.
Anyway, our real new site is up. It is just the basic pages but more will come online as they are finished so in the future look for new portfolio, history, tips and tricks and more. Check it out, www.lonebird.com and thanks for being such great test subjects.Share